THIS NOTICE INCLUDES AN UPDATED TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR BOOKINGS, CORRECTING THE WRONG NUMBER IN SUNDAY’S ONLINE NOTICE.
We are delighted to be able to welcome a limited number of people back into the church for worship from this Sunday (April 11th). However, we will continue to be providing online (pre-recorded) services at the same time. Priority for attending church will be given to those who are unable to view the services online. Elders have already been in contact with members to identify those who are unable to view the online services and who wish to come to church.
There may be a few spaces left each week which can be filled by people who have booked in advance.These places can only fairly be filled on a “first come first served” basis. We would ask that you ring Strathblane Kirk Office on 01360 770418 and leave a message with your name and telephone number by Wednesday of each week and you will be contacted on Thursday if you have a place for the coming Sunday. This system is very new to us all so we would ask you to be patient as we try to get it right!
If you are coming to church for our service, please follow the guidance from the Elders on duty. Guidance for attending includes the following:
- Do not attend church if you have any symptoms of COVID, have been in contact with someone with COVID or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Please arrive from 10.45-11am to have your name checked off for contact tracing purposes.
- Please maintain 2m social distancing at all times on the church grounds and in the building.
- Please wear a face-covering at all times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided.
- Please follow the one-way system in the building.
- You will be directed to a seat; all households will be required to sit 2m apart.
- While there will be music/hymns during the service, there is unfortunately a requirement that the congregation must not sing.
- Please leave directly after the service; unfortunately we are unable to have tea/coffee or socialising after the service.
An offering plate will be placed at the door (there will be no plate passed round during the service).
Please do not attend if you have not had a place confirmed – we expect demand to exceed availability for the small number of places we have, and we would hate to have to turn anyone away. If you are unable to book a seat for a particular Sunday, you will be made a priority for a subsequent Sunday.
Please do continue to enjoy our services online when you are unable to come to our church building. Neither the online services or the limited services in our building are how we would like to be worshipping together, but we pray that soon our worship time together will be more ‘normal’.